If you’ve found yourself swimming in all the possessions you have inside your home, it’s time to start decluttering. But this doesn’t mean you need to throw it all away. Instead, you can take advantage of Self Storage in Abbotsford from Angel Storage. Here are some tips to help you declutter your home, including what sort of items you can move into storage.
How to declutter your home
Decluttering your entire home is a massive undertaking, and knowing you need to do it can feel very overwhelming. When you start your declutter, here are a few tips you can keep in mind:
- Take it one room at a time. You can’t declutter your entire home in a single day. You need to spread the task out over a period of time to make sure you stick to it until the very end. You need to focus on decluttering one room at a time before you move onto another room.
- Take it one section at a time. Decluttering one room at a time isn’t enough; you need to also divide each room into sections. For example, finish decluttering the wardrobe before you move onto the drawers.
- Create piles to separate items. As you’re decluttering, create separate piles for the different items you find. Put items you want to keep in your home in their proper place straight away. Pile the items you want to throw away together, and create another pile for the items you want to keep but don’t have room for in your home. There might also be items you want to donate to charity, give away to friends, or sell online.
- Create a schedule. If you go into your declutter without a detailed plan, you’re more likely to give up before you’ve finished going through your entire home.
What items can I move into Self Storage in Abbotsford?
Now you have your decluttering schedule, it’s time to start going through all your belongings. As you go through each room, think about what kind of items you could move into Self Storage in Abbotsford to create more space in your home. Here are a few ideas for the sorts of items you can move into your storage unit.
- Out of season clothes. Clothes that go in and out of season, such as your winter coats or your off-season sports uniforms, can be moved into storage when you don’t need them. This will open up a lot more space in your closet.
- Spare throws and pillows. If you’re the kind of person who likes to completely cover your bed in throw blankets and pillows, consider moving some of these into storage. This will create a more minimal look in your room, as well as allow you to switch out the pillows often instead of constantly buying more.
- DVDs and games. Go through the DVDs and console games you’ve been collecting for the past several years. Some of these can be thrown away or donated, but there might also be some you want to keep in storage.
- Decor items. If your living room is filled with a lot of decor items, consider moving a few into Self Storage in Abbotsford. This will give your living room a more minimal feel, and give you options if you want to swap decor items over without purchasing new items.
- Old junk you want to keep. The garage is a popular place to move all the junk and excess items you want to keep but don’t necessarily need inside your home. Move these items into Self Storage in Abbotsford instead to open up a lot of space in your garage.
You can get a quote today! If you’re not sure what size storage unit you need for the items you have to store, our space estimator can help you out. If you still need more information about Angel Storage, contact our team of storage experts today!